Connect with us

Entertainment

Sushant Singh Rajput Death Probe: NCB Denies Any Bollywood Personality Being On its Radar

Published

on

Sushant Singh Rajput Death: Doctors Who Signed The Actor's Post Mortem Report Are Harassed By Trolls, Reluctant To File A Complaint Fearing More Abuse

An autorickshaw driver and a posh restaurant owner are among six persons nabbed late on Saturday by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in a swoop on the drugs mafia in the ongoing drugs angle probe in the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput, an official said on Sunday. The NCB has also denied speculation in some sections of the media that several leading Bollywood personalities are on its radar or are being probed. After Rhea Chakraborty’s Arrest By NCB, Ankita Lokhande Shares a Post on Karma Saying, ‘You Create Your Own Fate By Your Actions’.

 The six drug peddlers arrested were identified as Karanjeet Singh Anand, Dwayne Fernandes, Sanket Patel, Ankush Anreja, Sandeep Gupta and Aftab Fateh Ansari, NCB Deputy Director K.P.S. Malhotra said. Arrested by NCB Mumbai Zonal Unit team led by Sameer Wankhede from Mumbai and Goa, they will be produced before a magistrate in Mumbai on Monday via video conferencing, said Malhotra.

Sushant was found dead in his Bandra home flat on June 14 – triggering a huge political row, an upheaval in Bollywood and simultaneous investigations by the NCB, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and even the Enforcement Directorate (ED). Among those nabbed on Sunday are some peddlers who supplied drugs to the late actor through his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty’s brother Showik Chakraborty and others. After Rhea Chakraborty’s NCB Arrest, Actress’ 2009 ‘Narcotic Trafficking’ Tweet Resurfaces Online.

Anand, 23, is described as a Mumbai-based narcotics supplier having a local distribution channel of drugs in Bollywood circles, and the NCB sleuths recovered unspecified quantities of charas and ganja from him. Fernandes – an associate of Showik Chakraborty – is a city-based drug dealer who used to supply the drugs meant for Sushant. He was nabbed from Dadar west area along with other peddlers and the NCB recovered half a kilo of ganja from them.

Gupta is an auto-rickshaw driver by profession but his main business was to ferry bulk quantities of weed to retail peddlers like Fernandes in the current case. Patel, part of the drugs distribution chain of Anand, used to deliver the narcotics to various celebrities as the NCB prepares to peek deep into the alleged Bollywood-drugs nexus. Nabbed from the upmarket Powai area, Anreja, 29 runs a food kitchen in a posh area of Mumbai and also sold narcotics like weed, hash and MD to high profile clients.

He used to buy his supplies from Anand and Patel and was also connected with Anand and Anuj Keshwani – who had been arrested earlier in the same case. The NCB recovered 42 gms of charas and cash amounting to Rs 112,400 from him. The last of the lot, Ansari is operating a wholesale procurement channel of weed for Gupta who distributed it further through others in the network.

Besides, the NCB, Goa Sub Zone, has apprehended Chris Costa in the same case and further investigation is underway, said Malhotra.

(The above story first appeared on Onhike on Sep 13, 2020 11:50 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website onhike.com).

Charles recently joined the team, and he writes for the Headline column of the website. He has done major in English, and a having a diploma in Journalism. He has worked for more than 1.5 years in a media house. Now, he joined our team as a contributor for covering the latest US headlines. He is smart both by him looks and nature. He is very good with everyone in the team.

Entertainment

Poonam Pandey Gets Husband Sam Bombay Arrested, 5 More Controversies Of The Nasha Actress That Shook The Internet!

Published

on

By

Poonam Pandey Gets Husband Sam Bombay Arrested, 5 More Controversies Of The Nasha Actress That Shook The Internet!

Actress Poonam Pandey is known to grab headlines and leave the netizens wide eyed. This time it is about her marriage. Her fans were surprised to find about her low key engagement and later marriage with Sam Bombay. The two got hitched on September 11, 2020. However, just in few days, the actress has now made a shocking revelation that she was assaulted, molested and threatened by her husband. Sam got arrested in Canacona, Goa, post her official complaint. This is not first time when the actress’ life made headlines. Take a look at five controversies in which she was involved. Poonam Pandey Gets Husband Sam Bombay Arrested in Goa for Assault and Threats Barely Few Days After Marriage. 

Stripping For World Cup Win

Many might remember this one for her statement during World Cup 2011 was  sensational news. She had promised publicly to strip down naked if India won the world cup. However, that did not materialize even though India won as she later claimed that BCCI banned her from doing so.

Bathroom Secrets by Poonam Pandey

The actress started a YouTube series named Bathroom Secrets. However, due to the controversial and obscene content, it was blocked by YouTube.

Sachin Tendulkar Morphed Image Controversy

Poonam once again found herself surrounded with controversy after a morphed image cropped up. In this image, former Indian International cricketer Sachin Tendulkar’s image was morphed on Lord Vishnu’s body and Poonam’s nude image was seen alongside. Poonam was displeased by the same and also was also booked under Section 295A of the IPC.

Tiff With Raj Kundra

She had a major tiff with Shilpa Shetty’s businessman-husband, Raj Kundra. The actress filed a complaint in the Bombay High Court against him accusing him and his associates of illegally using content featuring her despite the termination of their contract.

The App

Poonam Pandey launched her own app on Google Play Store. However, due to controversial and objectionable content, it was pulled down by Play Store. However, she made it available on her own website later on.

(The above story first appeared on Onhike on Sep 22, 2020 11:51 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website onhike.com).

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Ranbir Kapoor’s Debut OTT Venture To Be an Assassin Series?

Published

on

By

Ranbir Kapoor's Debut OTT Venture To Be an Assassin Series?

OTT is the new cool during the pandemic. As the cinema halls are shut indefinitely, the makers are opting for the digital platforms. This of course has opened up new avenues for the A-list Bollywood stars also. In the past few months, we saw many series and movies led by the stars go directly on the digital platform. Now, it might be time that fans will get to watch Ranbir Kapoor in this space! Ranbir Kapoor’s Pic Shooting On A Set Dressed In A Police Uniform Goes Viral, Fans Curious To Know About This New Project.

It is reported now that RK might be roped in for a 10-part assassin series that will stream on Disney+ Hotstar. The makers have him as the lead in the series which will also be his debut in OTT but he is yet to give a green signal.

A source close to the development told MidDay, “The discussions began only a few weeks ago. Only if RK gives his nod, the team will begin the hunt for a director. The 10-part series has been envisioned on a grand scale and will be shot across multiple countries. The show is not likely to go on floors soon as the multi-country shoot will be hard to pull off amid the current restrictions. Also, Ranbir Kapoor has allotted his dates to his next with Shraddha Kapoor that rolls in November.” Apart from these two projects mentioned here, he will be seen in Ayan Mukerji’s Brahmastra starring Alia Bhatt, Amitabh Bachchan.

(The above story first appeared on Onhike on Sep 22, 2020 10:59 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website onhike.com).

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Actor Bhupesh Kumar Pandya’s Medical Treatment Campaign Collects Rs 21.45 Lakhs From Helpful Fans

Published

on

By

Actor Bhupesh Kumar Pandya's Medical Treatment Campaign Collects Rs 21.45 Lakhs From Helpful Fans

There is no dearth of helping hands for those in needy and a recent incident has proven that. Actor Bhupesh Kumar Pandya, who has been battling lung cancer for a while now in Ahmedabad, and has been in need of funds for some time now, received funds from well-wishers amounting to that of Rs 21 Lakh. A few days back, his colleagues Rajesh Tailang and Manoj Bajpayee, not only reached out to offer monetary help but also urged the film industry to help out. Bhupesh Kumar Pandya Of Vicky Donor Fame Diagnosed With Stage IV Cancer, Colleagues and Friends Of the Actor Seek Help to Raise Funds On Social Media.

The appeal to raise funds for Bhupesh was put up on the Ketto website where funds ranging from Rs 25 Lakh and above were required for all of his medical expenses. “Bhupesh is a talented actor and teacher, a national scholar from the prestigious National School of Drama, New Delhi and has worked in many movies, plays, and TV serials.” Sonu Sood Comes Forward to Help the Families of 350 Boatmen in Flood-Hit Varanasi.

Check Out the Post Below:

As per the website, the amount of funds collected until today, on September 22, 2020, amounted to Rs. 2,100,000 with over 400 supporters have come together to contribute for the cause. We wish Bhupesh a speedy recovery.

(The above story first appeared on Onhike on Sep 22, 2020 09:51 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website onhike.com).

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Categories

Recent Posts

Trending