Network marketing is a word you hear bandied around a lot and conjures up a myriad of methods and strategies. If you are searching for your own home business and are unsure as to what it all means, don’t stay confused – read on! In this article, network marketing is uncovered to enable you to find a business that works for you.
Uncovering anything means you need to peel back some layers, and in order to help you find a network marketing business that works for you, here are five key questions to use as a guide.
1) What is network marketing? Network marketing is a business strategy that gives inexperienced, ordinary, everyday people the opportunity to start up their own business selling a well-known product to other people. They do not receive a salary, but earn commission directly from sales, plus also a percentage from anyone else they recruit. Network marketers are also known as Distributors, Associates, Sales Consultants or Franchise owners. Some well-known examples include Avon, Oriflame, Betterware and Macdonalds.
2) Who is best suited to network marketing? Since network marketing is about selling, the ideal person is someone who loves to work in the marketplace and can handle the prospect of selling to complete strangers. This can either be with a physical product demonstrating in someone’s home in a party-plan business, or selling an online product for someone else.
3) What makes network marketing a great online business? Thanks to the huge platform of products and affiliate opportunities available, finding a business that works for you has never been easier. Even the most shy and introverted person discovers something to suit. Running a business online means selling to people you will never have to speak to (unless you want to), never having to store goods in your home to post out to others, never having to hire (or fire) employees, and not having to fork out high business costs. It is possible to be up and running online with your own business for the cost of a coffee and sandwich.
4) What activities are involved? Depends on what type of network marketing business you choose. Party-plan marketing includes rallying round friends and neighbours (and their friends and neighbours) to get your business known, as well as delivering and collecting brochures and orders. Marketing online involves learning how to set up a website or Squidoo lens, writing product reviews for people to buy, writing articles to promote affiliate products or blog articles for your own product or service.
5) Where can I work from? You get to choose! If you never want to venture outside your home – you don’t have to! If you love getting out and about and meeting new people – you can! Hearth and home or community and friends (or even a mixture of both) – the choice is completely yours.
6) How do I get started? Do some research. Decide whether your network marketing is a party-plan business, online business, or a bit of both and once you have made your choice, create a business plan with some achievable goals and get stuck in!
Having come this far, what will you do next? If you plan to move on, I wish you every success. If you linger a little longer, I would like to introduce you to a business strategy that works for thousands around the world. Knowing that finding your business is only the first step, this model builds layer upon layer to help launch you confidently into your chosen niche, and also gives you your own business to promote. I hope you have enjoyed ‘Network marketing uncovered! Find a business that works for you’.