Connect with us

Entertainment

Kondapalli Sravani Death Case: Hyderabad Police Arrest RX 100 Producer Ashok Reddy

Published

on

Kondapalli Sravani Death Case: Hyderabad Police Arrest RX 100 Producer Ashok Reddy

Hyderabad Police on Wednesday arrested Telugu film producer G. Ashok Reddy in the suicide case of Telugu television actor Kondapalli Sravani, who hanged herself last week. Ashok Reddy, who was absconding since Monday when he along with two others were booked, was finally arrested by the police. Police had served notice on the producer, asking him to appear before them. He, however, went into hiding and his mobile phone was also switched off. Sravani Kondapalli Death Case: Devaraj Reddy Surrenders Himself to Police After Facing Allegations by Telugu Actress’ Family

Ashok Reddy, who produced hit movies like “RX100”, is the third accused to be arrested in the case. Sai Krishna Reddy and Devaraj Reddy were already arrested and sent to judicial custody for abetment to suicide. The producer was taken to the Osmania Hospital for medical check-up. He will be produced in the court later in the day. The 26-year-old actor, who is known for her work in Telugu serials like “Manasu Mamata” and “Mounaragam”, hanged herself at her apartment in Madhuranagar in Hyderabad on September 8. World Suicide Prevention Day 2020: Sushant Singh Rajput, Sravani Kondapalli, Jiah Khan – Young Stars We Lost Too Soon

Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) A. R. Srinivas said Sravani had come in contact with Ashok Reddy in 2017 and he had offered her a small role in the film “Premato Karthik”. They developed friendship. Ashok Reddy and Sai Kumar Reddy, who were earlier in relationship with Sravani, were unable to digest her coming closer to Devaraj Reddy since August last year. The duo along with Sravani’s family harassed the actor and even physically assaulted her to keep her away from Devaraj.

Meanwhile, in a new twist to the case, the police in its remand report named Devaraj as the main accused. Sai Kumar is listed as accused number two and Ashok Reddy as accused number three. While announcing the breakthrough in the case, the police officer had said that Sai Kumar is the accused number one, Ashok Reddy number two and Devaraj is accused number three. During a telephonic conversation with Devaraj before hanging herself, Sravani spoke about the harassment by Sai Kumar Reddy, Ashok Reddy and her family members.

Police said Devaraj Reddy was also included as an accused in the case. He had promised to marry her, but distanced himself later, after learning about her past relationships with two men. The police officer said all the accused at some point of time had promised to marry her and were also harassing her citing her relationship with others. The police have not included the actor’s family as accused saying they belonged to the victim party.

(The above story first appeared on Onhike on Sep 16, 2020 04:17 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website onhike.com).

Charles recently joined the team, and he writes for the Headline column of the website. He has done major in English, and a having a diploma in Journalism. He has worked for more than 1.5 years in a media house. Now, he joined our team as a contributor for covering the latest US headlines. He is smart both by him looks and nature. He is very good with everyone in the team.

Entertainment

NCB Says No Link Between Drug Probe and Karan Johar’s July 2019 Party

Published

on

By

NCB Says No Link Between Drug Probe and Karan Johar's July 2019 Party

The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on Saturday confirmed that the agency is not probing the alleged ‘drug party’ video posted by Bollywood filmmaker Karan Johar, adding that their focus is on the drug-related investigation surrounding the death of Sushant Singh Rajput. Sonu Nigam Slams Cyber Police After Ministry of Labour Retweets Tasteless Joke on Deepika Padukone From Fake Account of the Singer (Watch Video).

The video was posted on July 28, 2019, by Johar that shows several Bollywood celebrities including Deepika Padukone, Arjun Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Shahid Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, Vickey Kaushal present at the party that took place at his residence.

Later Shiromani Akali Dal MLA Manjinder Singh Sirsa demanded an investigation on the matter of celebrities’ involvement in the consumption of drugs. Karan Johar Issues Statement Slamming Rumours of Drug Abuse, Clarifies Kshitij Prasad and Anubhav Chopra Are Not Associated With Dharma.

On Saturday during a press address, asked if NCB plans to summon Johar over the alleged ‘drug party’ video that has surfaced, Mutha Ashok Jain, NCB South-Western Region Deputy Director-General told the media: “No, there is no connection of that said video with this case.”

There were speculations in the media that Johar might be summoned by the NCB on the matter. Was Vicky Kaushal on Dope or Just Ill? Karan Johar Reveals What Really Happened at His Controversial Party – Watch Video.

However, Jain confirmed that no fresh summons have been sent to any other film personality in the case.

On Saturday Bollywood actresses Deepika Padukone, Shraddha Kapoor, and Sara Ali Khan were grilled by the NCB.

Kshitij Ravi Prasad, a former executive of Johar’s production house Dharma Productions has been arrested by the NCB on Saturday.

Till date, Jain said, 18 to 19 persons have been arrested in connection as part of the probe into the death of Sushant, who was found dead at his Bandra home on June 14.

(The above story first appeared on Onhike on Sep 27, 2020 12:17 AM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website onhike.com).

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Bollywood Drug Probe: NCB Seizes Mobile Phones of Rakul Preet Singh, Deepika Padukone

Published

on

By

Bollywood Drug Probe: NCB Seizes Mobile Phones of Rakul Preet Singh, Deepika Padukone

The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), which quizzed Bollywood actors Rakul Preet Singh, Deepika Padukone, her former manager Karishma Prakash, and fashion designer Simone Khambatta on Friday and Saturday in connection with the drugs case related to the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput, has seized their mobile phones. Bollywood Drug Probe: Rakul Preet Singh Moves Delhi HC Seeking Ban On Media for Coverage on Her.

An NCB source said, “The phones of Deepika, Karishma, Rakul and Khambatta have been seized by the NCB under the Indian Evidence Act.”

The development came after the questioning of Deepika and Karishma on Saturday, and Rakul and Khambatta on Friday for several hours.

The NCB questioned Deepika for over five hours on Saturday and Rakul for over four hours on Friday. Bollywood Drug Probe: Deepika Padukone and Other Celebs’ Cars Being Chased by Media Houses Prompts Mumbai Police To Issue Stern Warning.

Meanwhile, Karishma was questioned for two consecutive days on Friday amd Saturday, while Khambatta was grilled on Friday.

The agency collected their phones as the alleged ‘drug’ chats were made using the same phones, the source said.

The source also said that the NCB has collected the phone of Sushant’s former talent manager Jaya Saha.

Besides Deepika, Rakul, Khambatta and Karishma, the NCB also questioned Bollywood actors Shraddha Kapoor and Sara Ali Khan on Saturday for several hours.

The NCB has registered a case on the request of the Enforcement Directorate (ED) after it found alleged chats of Deepika with her former manager in 2017 discussing drugs.

The phones of Rakul and Khambatta were seized as both of them are close friends of Sushant’s girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty, who was arrested earlier this month after three days of questioning.

Besides Rhea, the NCB has also arrested her brother Showik and 17 others in connection with the case.

(The above story first appeared on Onhike on Sep 27, 2020 12:10 AM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website onhike.com).

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Bollywood Drug Probe: Rakul Preet Singh Moves Delhi HC Seeking Ban On Media for Coverage on Her

Published

on

By

Bollywood Drug Probe: Rakul Preet Singh Moves Delhi HC Seeking Ban On Media for Coverage on Her

Bollywood actor Rakul Preet Singh has moved the Delhi High Court seeking urgent interim directions from the court restraining media from running shows or publishing articles against her in connection with the drug probe which emerged out following the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput. The matter is likely to come up for hearing in the coming week. SSR Case: Delhi High Court Tells Centre to Respond to Rakul Preet’s Plea Against Media Reports Linking Her to Rhea Chakraborty’s Drug Probe.

The petition filed through advocates Himanshu Yadav, Aman Hingorani and Shweta Hingorani claims that Rakul Preet has been in Hyderabad for a film shoot and was shocked to see media reports in the evening of September 29 to the effect that the Narcotics Control Bureau, Mumbai has summoned her to appear before it in Mumbai on September 24 in connection with the ongoing investigation in the Rhea Chakraborty’s drugs case.

“…the Petitioner had received no such summons from the NCB at either of her Hyderabad or Mumbai addresses, and accordingly she remained in Hyderabad. The Petitioner’s father, Col. Kulvinder Singh (Retd), decided to take the morning flight on 24.9.2020 to Mumbai from Hyderabad to ascertain the truth of such reports,” the plea said. Bollywood Drug Probe: Rakul Preet Singh, Deepika Padukone’s Manager Karishma Prakash Reach NCB Office.

“…however, from the evening of 23.9.2020 itself, the media started running fake news to the effect that the Petitioner, who was in Hyderabad, had supposedly reached Mumbai on the evening of 23.9.2020 for the NCB investigation,” it said further.

It added that around 11.20 a.m. on September 24, the Petitioner received summons under Section 67 of the NDPS Act dated September 23 through WhatsApp in Hyderabad which said that she had to appear in person before the NCB, Mumbai at 10 a.m. on September 24.

It is from the email dated September 24 from the NCB that the Petitioner learnt that case in which she has been required to appear has been registered as Crime No. MZU/NCB/15/2020, the plea said.

Earlier this month, Rakul had approached the High Court seeking its direction in order to ask the media not to telecast, publish or circulate on the TV channels, cable, print or social media, as the case may be, any content in the context of Actress Rhea Chakraborty’s narcotic drugs case that maligns or slanders the Petitioner or which contains anything defamatory, deliberate, false and suggestive innuendos and half-truths in respect of the Petitioner, or to use sensational headlines, photographs, video-footage or social media links which invade the privacy of the Petitioner.

While issuing notice on the said plea, a single-judge bench of the high court presided by Justice Navin Chawla had said, “There has to be some restraint. Media gets to know info even before the officers themselves. Reputations are getting tarnished.”

“It is hoped that media houses and TV channels would show restraint and abide by the Program Code and other guidelines while making any report in connection with Rakul Preet Singh,” the bench had said further.

(The above story first appeared on Onhike on Sep 27, 2020 12:02 AM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website onhike.com).

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Categories

Recent Posts

Trending