According to the survey, global GIS Market will increase to $24,607.7 million by 2030 from $8,185.9 million in 2020. At an 11.6% CAGR between 2020 and 2030. As this technology makes it possible to visualize, analyze. And interpret geographical information to ascertain trends, patterns, and relationships, investments in it are increasing. For instance, the United Nations (UN) plans to use geographic information system (GIS) to offer location information to various industries.
Post pandemic use of technology is increase widely. Usage of this technology to map the infection spread by tracking the travel history of infected people and pinpointing those who have had any contact with them. GIS was further leverage to create time-enabled maps, to track the spread of the virus over a period.
Key Points about GIS Market
- The most-significant function of the technology in recent years has been mapping. Due to the rapid urbanization and population growth. GIS is being use to create maps and enable effective urban planning.
- The fastest growth in the GIS market base on offering is predict in software. This is because advanced GIS software supports the mapping of field operations, integration of analytical tools, and management and display of geographic information through dashboards and reports.
- With time, the usage of this technology for disaster management in developing and developed countries is rising. It is being use to track the path and assess the impact of hurricanes, tornadoes, wildfires, tsunamis, earthquakes, oil spills, and epidemics.
- As a result, the government sector is the largest user of geographic information systems. Much of the disaster management and relief work is carry out by governments. Which have, additionally, been at the forefront of COVID-19 pandemic control.
- GIS is majorly use in medium-sized projects, which abound in the healthcare and defense sectors. Hence, with the rising healthcare and defense spending around the world, the usage of this technology is increasing.
- Asia-Pacific (APAC) is expect to be the fastest-growing GIS market in the coming years on account of the rapid urbanization and government spending on infrastructure development.