Battlegrounds Mobile India: CAIT Reportedly Requests IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad To Ban PUBG’s Indian Version

Battlegrounds Mobile India Launch Expected Tomorrow, Netizens Share PUBG Memes & Images of Early Access to Online Game on Twitter

Battlegrounds Mobile India is expected to be launched in the country soon. Ahead of its launch, an early access version of the game was introduced by Krafton for several Android beta testers and users who had pre-registered it. The company has also confirmed that the battle royale game has crossed 5 million downloads during the early access period. As the game is about to make its re-entry into the country, it has already sparked controversy. Several people on the internet are demanding that the Indian version of PUBG should be banned by the government. PUBG Mobile Data Migration to Battlegrounds Mobile India: Here’s How To Do It in Simple Steps.

Moreover, the Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) reportedly wrote a letter to IT minister Ravi Shankar Prasad requesting a ban on Battlegrounds Mobile India. Praveen Khandelwal, the Secretary-General of CAIT said on Twitter that after PUBG was banned last year, they are backdoor entry by circumventing Indian laws.

Battlegrounds Mobile India

Battlegrounds Mobile India (Photo Credits: Battlegrounds Mobile India)

As per CAIT, Battlegrounds Mobile India is not only a threat to the national sovereignty and security of India but also harmful for young . It would endanger India’s national security and create a danger for the data and privacy of millions of Indian people.

Battlegrounds Mobile India

Battlegrounds Mobile India (Photo Credits: Battlegrounds Mobile India)

CAIT has also asked Google to not allow Battlegrounds Mobile India developers to use its Play Store platform. Battlegrounds Mobile India is said to be a rebranded version of PUBG Mobile which was banned in India last year. It reportedly gets several features that are similar to that of PUBG Mobile.

(The above story first appeared on Onhike on Jun 21, 2021 11:36 AM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website onhike.com).

About Charles 22925 Articles
Charles writes for the Headline column of the website. He has done major in English, and a having a diploma in Journalism. He has worked for more than 1.5 years in a media house. Now, he joined our team as a contributor for covering the latest US headlines. He is smart both by him looks and nature. He is very good with everyone in the team.