Symbian is one of the most reliable and most used operating mobile operating systems. The biggest brand in cell phones, Nokia uses Symbian and so do some of the phones from the Sony Ericsson stable, like the Sony Vivaz. Let us look at the ten best Symbian applications that you should have on your phone:
1. Google Search Client: Compared to the standard Google search from your mobile phone, the Symbian Google Search Client can give faster results and displays search results in an easy to read mobile friendly format.
2. Fring: Download Fring for Symbian as a centralized chat platform where you can integrate famous chat programs like Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, Yahoo, Skype, ICQ etc. You can also make VOIP calls wherever you can get Wi-Fi network. You can make cheap international calls through Skype at cheap rates
3. Opera Mini browser: Opera Mini browser as we know is the best mobile browser and it can work quite smoothly for your Symbian device. You can also zoom in and out of pages as well, the page loading is faster and there is a download and upload manager also available. You can also save the pages offline to read it later
4. Handy Taskman: Handy Taskman gives you the option to open a taskbar and find out which applications are running at a certain point of time. You can also see how much of CPU energy is being consumed fm each application, and enables you to close every one of them through a single touch click.
5. ShozuL: Trust Shozu as your favorite video uploader for Symbian mobile phones. You can upload videos as pictures to famous websites like YouTube and Flickr. You can also categorize and tag the pictures or videos. Go through the application and find out which websites are supported for uploading. It is a versatile program, you can also surf the mobile net or do other things with your mobile while the picture or video is being uploaded.
6. Google Maps: Download Google Maps application, as it can be quite useful. You can find information like turn-by -turn direction to a destination that you are seeking; get access to a local business or office.
7. Nokia Sports Tracker: Nokia Sports Tracker helps walkers, athletes, cyclists etc to track their average speed, the total distance they have covered and how much altitude they have covered. You can also show your workout routes to your friends through the Facebook application or through Google Earth. A very good application for anyone who loves outdoor adventures and workouts.
8. SkyFire: SkyFire is second only to Opera Mini browser but what makes SkyFire a very good alternative is that it is particularly good for watching videos online.
9. Active Notes: This note taking application helps can be an extension of your brain, where you can take plain text notes, along with images, video clips, sound clips, business cards and other such devices.
10. Yahoo-Go: One of the best applications ever, Yahoo Go has many widgets that can help you check mails, find out the latest news, weather at your place, stock news and tips and many more.